Registered Dietitians are food and nutrition experts who work in the treatment and prevention of disease. They help people better understand how their everyday dietary choices can have a profound impact on their lives and overall health.
Abby Pattison, RD, is Mid-Valley Hospital’s registered dietitian (RD) who will work with your providers to help improve your health through quality food and lifestyle choices. You will meet with the dietitian on your appointment date for an individual nutrition consultation. Your nutrition needs will be assessed, and personalized recommendations will be offered. You may choose the area you wish to focus on and decide which goals you wish to achieve. Follow up visits will be scheduled as needed. The initial appointment is typically 60 minutes long, and then follow-up visits are flexible based on your needs and overall goals.
Our Registered Dietitian specializes in the following areas of medical nutritional therapy:
- Weight management
- Diabetes and management of other abnormal blood glucose diagnoses
- Heart disease (high cholesterol, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, etc.)
- Liver and Kidney disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders (gluten free diet, IBS, Crohn’s, colitis, etc.)
- Life-cycle/maternal nutrition
- Vegetarian/vegan diets
- Pediatric nutrition counseling: including any children with special health care needs see below for details.