Specialty: General Surgery Location: Mid-Valley Clinic
- Bmed Sci, University of Birmingham, England, 1996
- MBChB, University of Birmingham, England, 1999
- MRCS (Ed), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2003
- Board Certified, American College of Surgeons, 2013
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Birmingham, England, 1999-2004
- Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Research, University of Washington, Seattle, 2004-2007
- Residency, general surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, 2007-2012
- Trained in advanced trauma and life support (ATLS), re-certified 2014
- Surgical Oncology: Surgery for cancer of the skin, breast and other sites
- Laparoscopic surgery: Minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Hernia surgery: Both laparoscopic and open
- Colon surgery: Both laparoscopic and open
Dr McCourtie grew up in the south of England. He is an avid soccer player, representing his country at the high school level. After attending medical school at the University of Birmingham he completed 5 years of General Surgery before moving to the United States. Three years of cardiothoracic research were followed by a General Surgical residency at the University of Washington Medical Center.
Outside of work, Dr. McCourtie is married with 2 very athletic children. In his free time he is a soccer coach with Wenatchee FC.